I continue to make 'resolutions' each year. The usual stuff.......be a better mom, wife, daughter, business owner, friend, blah, blah, blah.
But, why do I make the same promises to myself every year? And why do I actually get excited about them??? I have no good reason to give except that perhaps it gives me hope.....a little more hope in what I can be. Hope that I can get a little closer to what God created me to be and do on this earth. And, really.....the thought of that is exciting.
What would I be if I were doing exactly what God put me here to do? I'm sure it's not just one thing. There are many! Am I doing them? How am I doing? Hmmmm.........good question.
We are so much more than what we think. There is more to us. More to me and more to you. But, I am convinced that we cannot find that person on our own. It's a mystery slowly, slowly, slowly revealed to us by drawing nearer to God.
I really do believe that. Because I've experienced it. A little here and a little there. And then I lose it as I get farther away.
That's when I start trying to figure out, 'Who am I?', "Why am I here?' and "Does my life really have any meaning??". Yes....I start focusing on myself. And, strangely....thats when I start to lose myself.
Resolutions. Yes, I have a few. But the biggest one is to stay connected to God this year. Life just works a little better that way. Actually, a lot better.
And, of course......here are a few other random, personal resolutions!!
1. To be able to play 20 songs on the piano by heart.
2. To learn 5 songs on the banjo! (I start lessons this Monday.....woohoo!)
3. To make at least 3 art dolls a month.
4. To paint at least 3 large paintings this year.
5. To plan and host a large art festival in Davidson with 50 - 80 artists (wanna be one?)
6. And......to be a better wife, mother, daughter, business owner, friend.....you know the rest.
Have a great weekend!