Ahhh....finally some time to myself. My 2 and 4 year olds are happily napping and usually I'm so pooped I nap with them. But not today! I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of chai, a pottery barn catalog and a box of girl scout cookies. Speaking of scouts....has anyone tried thier new cookies with the fudge on the bottom? Delish! And...(so proud of myself) I finished a new painting last night that I'll post later. It's an Irish angel with a blessing handwritten on her dress. I usually think my paintings are 'okay' but this one I really like. My husband made me promise we would keep it (he's seriously Irish!) but I may sneak it up on ebay anyway with a reserve.
Well, this is lot's of fun. I've been tagged by Lillian from her Anna's Dreams blog. What the heck do I say about myself? I never considered myself very interesting...that's my hubbies department. He's a former professional football player who also played in the World League in Germany. He has lot's of interesting tidbits about him.....me? Not many!! But, here goes.
1. I'm a freak about hair in the bathtub. This is because I grew up with little money in KY and we all shared the same bathwater. I was the youngest in a family of very hairy people so of course I got the last bath. Use your imagination....
2. I have very dark, almost black hair and eyes yet both my sweet girls have light blonde hair and light blue eyes. Go figure!
3. I get made fun of for my lazy speaking constantly. For instance, I say 'birfday' instead of 'birthday'.
4. When I was 28 I got a big ole' tattoo on my back and my father wouldn't speak to me for a week!
5. I have an uncle named 'Buford' and another who plays the washtub in a band.
Pretty random, huh?
Okay, I guess the rules are I have to tag 6 random people and link my site to theirs. So, I tag....
1. Tascha http://timewithtascha.blogspot.com/
2. Suz http://surprisedelightjoy.blogspot.com/
3. Diane http://www.dudadaze.blogspot.com/
4. Eric http://ericorchard.blogspot.com/
5. Deborah http://lifewithoutnovacaine.blogspot.com/
6. Lisa http://lisahurwitzart.typepad.com/
These artists are among my faves. Enjoy!
Okay...just added my girl. I like her so much I started an Irish Angel series and even finished another one with my kids running around me! Pretty proud of myself....usually I'm a slacker!
This picture stinks but I will have her up on etsy soon. Cheers!